Americans with Disability Act (ADA) information
Food Handler Solutions, LLC makes every effort to provide for and encourage reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities that adhere to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures and the Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing.
To assist with this, FHS has provided audio English for both the online course as well as the exam. Access to the audio is clearly marked and easy to start in the course and the exam. In addition, guidance is provided below for acceptable accommodations during the course and the exam as well as unacceptable accommodations during the exam.
- Audio English (option provided in the course and the exam)
- Screen magnifier
- Question review flag available during the exam
- Translator from English into another language who has documented qualifications in education, training, and/or testing
Unacceptable Accommodations During the Exam
- Use of a live reader (authorized recordings in English are already provided)
- A scribe to record answers on the exam (learners must record their own answers)
- Use of additional materials (access to any electronic or hard copy materials is not permitted)
Time Allotted for Exam
Course participants will be given no more than 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete the course. Our time limit is based on the average time it takes for a participant to complete the exam which is 45 minutes.
Article is closed for comments.