Complaints and Appeals
FHS provides an opportunity for stakeholders to submit a complaint or appeal.
A complaint is a request for corrective action related to the certificate program.
An appeal is a request for reconsideration of an adverse decision made by the
The general process for handling either a complaint or an appeal is as follows:
A completed Complaints and Appeals Form is directed to the Food Handler Solutions LLC – CEO along with all related documentation (if any) for review.
- The form must be completed and submitted within 30 days of the incident in question.
- Complaints and appeals are handled within 30 days.
- Complaints and appeals that are not easily remedied by the CEO, or are as a result of a decision or action by the CEO, will be submitted to the Advisory Group for input to ensure an unbiased decision. At the discretion of FHS, an outside investigator may be employed to conduct an investigation of the matter, with the findings referred to the Advisory Group or owners (see below). These measures are to ensure that those engaged in the complaint or appeal are different from those involved in the issue of the complaint.
- Decisions and communication regarding the complaint or appeal will be handled via email.
- All FHS decisions are final.
FHS reserves the right to remove or block any user that is found to have jeopardized or attempted to breach site security.
FHS reserves the right to invalidate any examinee’s certificate for the following reasons:
- Determination is made that a certificate holder did not participate in the required course.
- Determination is made that a certificate holder did not attain a 75% or higher score on the after course exam. FHS provides an opportunity for stakeholders to submit a complaint or appeal. \